Theia Pearson Quotes
- “All I had was one stupid nightmare. No one ever died from a nightmare.”
- “I’m not cut out for this superhero stuff. I’m just plain old ordinary me, doing
my job and making a living.”
- “[My day in court] was a complete waste of time. A couple of rednecks who think
taking each other to adult abuse court is foreplay.”
- “That saying ‘It is better to have loved and lost than to
never have loved at all’ is complete bullshit. Whoever wrote that never had their heart dashed into a
thousand jagged shards.”
- Why did these things keep happening to her? Did she make stupid mistakes or did she
just have a neon “fuck me” arrow hanging over her?
- “I don’t want your pity, because that would mean I’m a
victim, and I refuse to be a victim.”
- “He intrigues me, he pisses me off, he makes me horny, and
he annoys the hell out of me.”
- Theia heard someone screaming and realized the sound was
coming out of her.
- She had to get herself under control. Tamp down the fear. Feel nothing, only think. Think of a way to survive.
- “I’ll be in heaven and you’ll be in the bowels of hell.”
- “I represent life or death. As long as I’m alive, you’re alive. If you kill me, you kill yourself.”
- Grabbing his shoulders, she shook him, demanding, “Breathe,
damn it! Breathe!”
- She danced through every day as if her feet weren’t touching
the ground. Life was perfect, now
that no one was trying to kill her.
- She didn’t think she would ever trust, want or need a man
again. And then came Jack.
- Family Court was no place for children. Or for the sane.
- Theia followed a personal principle that if you treat people
with respect, sometimes they behave in a manner worthy of the respect.
- “She’s a prime example of my first two rules that explain
many things in life. Rule number
one, people are stupid. Rule
number two, people lie.”
- “Why do people assume women lawyers are bitches? Only about half the women lawyers I
know are bitches.”
- “I’ll ask a question, and you stomp your foot once for Yes
and twice for No.”
- “I’ll get over him.
He’s just another man.”
- “How can I fix this?
Cram pliers down his throat and pull the words out of him?”
- On men: Was she
asking for too much? All she
wanted was a man who would stir her soul, her mind, her passion. One who would make her feel beautiful
and cherished, yet also make her want to rip off her clothes.
- “Well, that’s how you know you had great sex – when
someone’s clothes got torn.”
- “You say you’re going to kill me anyway, so why should I
play along with your stupid game?”
- “What’d you do, steal your baby sister’s gun? … I have
underwear more frightening than that.”
- “If your weapon’s as small as your little gun, I don’t know
if it’d even count as rape.”
SUBSCRIBE TO PEGI PRICE'S BLOG